- Monthly stipend for international students are S$2,600 which will be revised to S$3,200 upon passing the qualifying exam; for Singapore citizens, the respective amounts are S$2,900 and S$3,500, and they also receive the prevailing employer's contribution to CPF (up to 4 years); for Singapore Permanent residents, the respective amounts are $2,700 and $3,300;
- Annual tuition fees and mandatory miscellaneous fees;
- One-off airfare to Singapore reimbursed up to S$1,500;
- A research allowance of S$12,000 for academic travel, a one-off expense towards a computer and purchase of books and software during the period of candidature, subject to prior approval of all expenses.
Application is open
throughout the year.
To start the application process, applicant would need to contact one of the Principal Investigators (PIs) and request if he/she could supervise you by emailing your CV and supporting documents eg. academic qualifications/transcripts in your first contact with the PI. More details on CQT’s research and the Principal Investigators can be found at https://www.quantumlah.org/research/researchgroup.php
The Principal Investigator and you should decide on a preliminary project. Once the Principal Investigator has agreed to supervise you and decided on a project, please forward the approval email from the PI to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of the approval email, you will be informed to apply officially via the NUS online application system. At the same time, please send hardcopies of your CV and the following documents by post to the CQT Programme Administrator:
Checklist of documents:
- A certified true copy of your NRIC or Passport
- A certified true copy of NS certificate (if applicable)
- A certified true copy of GRE results
- A certified true copy of TOEFL results (for applicants whose degree is from a university where English is not the main medium of instruction)
- A certified true copy of 'A' level results or equivalent
- Certified true copies of award / prizes and certificates (if any)
- Certified true copies of university transcripts and degree scrolls
- Two letters of recommendation; alternatively, referees could email the letter of recommendation directly to email@example.com
- One passport-sized photograph (non-returnable)
CQT PhD Programme
Centre for Quantum Technologies
National University of Singapore
Block S15, 3 Science Drive 2, Level 3, #03-05
1. The University has not engaged any external agencies to undertake student recruitment on its behalf. Candidates interested in our graduate programmes are advised to apply directly to the University and not through any agents. Candidates who apply through agents will not have any added advantage in gaining admission and the University reserves the right to reject such applications without giving reasons.
2. If you choose to share your personal data via an application or an e-mail or any other form, we recommend that you read the National University of Singapore Data Protection Policy explaining how we use your personal data when you interact with us via our website or in any other way. If you have any queries on this policy or have any other queries in relation to how we process your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.